Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowed In, and What To Do?



Got up this morning to the sound of ice/sleet pinging on the windows. Once I am awake I usually have a hard time falling back to sleep. I went out to the kitchen and didn't see any signs of life, so I headed down to my sewing room. I didn't want to make a racket cooking or cleaning up the kitchen (the girls' bedroom is right below the kitchen).

Last night everyone was making sounds about sleeping in. So I cut and sewed quietly, and voila'...finished blocks! These are laid out on my design wall. I'll go down shortly and stack them to be webbed. Then I'll prepare chicken enchiladas to go in the oven in a bit for lunch.

Maybe some more machine sewing this afternoon.

I have this quilt to machine quilt. The flannel back is pieced and ready to load on my Little Gracie frame. Maybe I should start on that. If we lose power, I'll hand quilt!!

~Joan

No comments: