Monday, February 1, 2010

Tulip Chains Pieced Except Outer Border


Here it is...my Tulip Chains quilt top only lacks the outermost cream border. This measures roughly 48" wide by 72" tall now. I am making it for a nap time quilt for myself. I have a large floral print I love with a red background that I have no other reds to match. I think I'll use it for the back of this quilt if I have enough. That way I'll get to see it as much as I want, and it won't be chopped up into small pieces! Win/win situation if you ask me.

For the longest time I cut all my scraps into 2" squares. This quilt went together so quickly because of them. I was making 4-patches with them with 2 creams and 2 colors. A lot of them are used up. I added to them to make the 9-patches for the center of the quilt and used a lot more as the outer border. I am down to one small stack of maybe 15 four-patches from the original huge pile. That's why this went together so quickly.

Good night!!

~Joan

2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Very pretty! I'm glad you're keeping it for yourself.

MARCIE said...

Hi Joan, love this scrappy tulip quilt!