Friday, March 5, 2010

Grandmother's Flower Garden, Bound and Tabled

Get a load of that quilting detail! I love a quilt right out of the dryer. They always look so...so... quilty. I am sad to say that the stains on the ugly top block did not come out. But the up side is that I won't worry as much about it getting stained on my very busy table.


Here's a pic of Isaac holding up the whole thing. After I bought fabric for binding, I found the remnant of the piece I bought to link them all together. I am glad I used the red after all, because I think so much blue that close together would have been too much.




Tons of cooking to do tomorrow, so I don't anticipate too much sewing time. Good thing I got lots of that tonight :)

~Joan


1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you decide you really don't want it, you know my address!! :-) I love 30's prints, and authentic Depression-era fabrics are even better!

I think you did a great job putting this together. It's hard working with someone else's UFO, but at the same time it's a fun challenge..... sometimes. :-)