Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sky and Snowballs

I was uploading some pictures from my camera card, and this beauty was on there. My only guess is that one of my loved ones was playing with my camera. Yesterday was cloudy off and on, but still over 85 degrees. This is how I imagine the sky will look moments before Christ's second coming. Can't you just see Him coming through those clouds?? I sure can.

Here is a very special plant to me. Nostalgic, even. This is a snowball bush. My paternal grandmother had one of these in her back yard that was so big that a whole family could hide behind it. I have an adopted grandmother at church (mine have sadly both passed away) with an incredible green thumb. She is in her late 80's. I commented on her bush one time when I visited. She surprised me by rooting me one and giving it to me. Don't the blossoms look like snowballs?
My 13-year-old son took the pictures. He will be 14 TOMORROW!!

My hands were filthy because I was busy weeding. He got one of our azalea bushes in the background, slightly blurry because of the center of focus. Isn't this grand? Great shot, Benjamin!

Some quilty pictures on the next post. I've been hand quilting behind your backs.

This AM I'm off to help our pastor and his wife host 50 people for a graduation brunch at their home.

~Joan





4 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing!

julieQ said...

Such gorgeous pictures! Spring is definitely here...have fun hostessing the graduation brunch,and last of all...I love Leeanne's Spools from last post! Just lovely!

momtofatdogs said...

Joan - Thank you for blessing us with such gorgeous photos of HIS creations.

Hope the brunch turns out great!

Sam

Jan said...

Love the snowball bush. I was just at the garden center yesterday and saw the snowball bushes and trees. They are so neat!
BTW ~ I have a 14 year old son also, as well as one who just turned 13!!! And a daughter who is 18! I officially have all teens in the house now. :(
Happy Birthday to your son!