Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wedding Bells Are Ringing

Well, not for us. We went to a wedding of a dear young lady from our church yesterday. It was such a blessing to see her united in marriage with a wonderful young man. They are both around 30 years old. I am excited for the beginning of their life together. The above picure is of my husband and me. I usually hate pics of me, but this one is decent.

There was more excitement than just the wedding yesterday. Two other exciting happenings. Susanna and I went to a quilt show over an hour away. Just as we were leaving the parking lot, my son was seen running across the parking lot towards us. I had Susanna stop the car because I knew something serious had happened. My friend, Molly, was having a little medical emergency. She is due in 5 weeks (I am making the batik quilt for her...better hurry, huh?). I'll just say some maternity issues were at hand. My hubby and kids took her 4- and 2-year-olds home, and she went straight to the hospital. Her baby, Madelynn Grace, was born at 10:30 last night. Five weeks early, but 6 pounds 9 ounces. She is in NICU for a couple days until her breathing and suck are strong enough for her to go home. Mom is doing well.

Susanna and I still went to the quilt show. I got to test drive a Handi Quilter. Ahhh...perfection. I might be getting one, but that remains to be seen. Susanna took lots of pictures (her camera was dead), and I'll be sharing some of those with you soon.

~Joan

No comments: