Friday, June 25, 2010

All-Night Sew Plans Revised

I called the quilt shop where we were supposed to have the all-night sew (6 PM to midnight) tonight to let them know Susanna and I were coming, and we were bringing a friend. Good thing I called, because it was cancelled. So we invited our friend, Rachel, to come to our house.

We had a couple unplanned errands to do earlier today, so I felt rushed, but we sewed for about 3-1/2 hours together. I sewed and pressed this...

I also pieced, trimmed, and pressed these...

Raise your hand if you're surprised I've already started on one of these for my family. I don't see any hands.


And here is Susie Seamstress herself...


She worked on this amazing tote bag for herself. It's a pattern and accessories kit we picked up at the Hickory Quilt Show. She said it's a great pattern--easy sewing, but tedious. A million steps. I think she exaggerates. She got the fabrics later at Mary Jo's. Isn't it bee-you-tee-ful??

~Joan

3 comments:

Diane B said...

We love this! What's the pattern called?

Unknown said...

I was wondering the same thing, Diane B! Who designed this?

-- Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

a very nice start to a new quilt

your daughter should be very proud of her bag achievement, I have started one, and the instructions were too vague