Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tears of Joy


My dear daughter, Emily, has the feet of an old woman. One who has worn ill-fitting shoes. For for 80 years. The strange thing is that she is only 19. Just a few weeks ago I saw her bare-footed for the first time in a really long time. The shape and obvious pain of her feet was more than I could bear. She has never complained about her feet hurting. At once I started researching what her problem was and how it could be fixed.

To make a long story short, I found a solution. The only doctor I could find that does it the "right" way is in California. Since he probably won't come here, I'm sending her there (with her dad). We hoped to get both feet done before June. One little complication is that our insuance anniversary is in early May. That means if we did one foot before the date and one after, we get to pay the deductible TWICE. Since that is a sizeable amount, we are glad things worked out like they did.

God graciously worked out so many details. Last night my husband called to tell me that they can do her first and worse foot on January 4, 2011. I literally cried with joy because that is so soon. It's the last week of her college break. They said (and I believe) that she can walk within a couple days of the surgery. Typical bunion surgery has a 4 week to 4 month period in which the patient cannot bear weight on the foot that has been operated upon. Not with this method! I am so happy for her!!


We called her doctor this AM for an appointment (timing is of the essence with her lab work and so on). Usually it's a few days' wait. But this time, "Can you be here in 40 minutes?" Well, yeah!!

Praising God, from Whom all blessings flow...

~Joan

1 comment:

Mary Lou Casada said...

How cool is THAT, Joan!! I had a friend who had bunion surgery, and her recovery was just as you described, long and painful, so it is a tremendous blessing that your daughter can be up and about so soon!! Jehovah Jireh (God Provides!) and Jehovah Rapha (God Heals!). He always takes care of His children. Thanks for sharing!!
Blessings!
Mary Lou