Saturday, January 29, 2011

Twelve Blocks Together Plus One

This picture looks strange to me on the monitor...all the blocks are sewn together except the lone one in the middle of the bottom row.  The white is my design wall showing through.  From side to side is about 42", from top to the bottom of the single block is about 70".  I don't want to make another 5 blocks, so I think this will have to do with just filling in the side blocks of the bottom row. 


Once I got it sewn all together I realized I had one more block (how did THAT happen), and I realized I wanted it longer than the original 12 anyway.  So I cut out two more blocks.  I am in the process of piecing them now, but had to make a cheesecake, a fruit pizza, drumsticks, and rice for supper.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!


I have decided on a clever (I hope) outer border after a floating border...stay tuned for the outcome.  Daily life has overcome me many a day recently, so don't expect the progress to be quick.


~Joan

No comments: