Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two Inch Squares

I have used up SO many two-inch squares.  Seemingly meaningless scraps.  Until you make something you like.  The top two pictures are still in the "quilt top" phase of their lives.  But, Lord willing, my Handi-Quilter will be here soon and I can remedy that!


As I was piecing another Scrappy Stars block last night, I saw that my 4-patch basket was NEARLY empty!!  How could that be?  I went through my pictures and gleaned out a few pictures from the last two years.  Glad I didn't throw away those little scraps of fabric now!!  These were all made with the leader/ender method as a starter and then focused on completely after many of the units were finished.

Now I'm wondering how many projects I've made from my 1-1/2" strips boxes?  Hmmm...another question for another time.

~Joan

5 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

Oh Joan! This is like CANDY for the eyes. How beautiful they all are!

I bought the "leaders/enders" book off etsy yesterday. I just have SO many scraps (and, no ma'am, I'm not going to make another pineaplle too soon!) I just can not waste them.

Thank you for sharing.

Sam

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, you've given me some lovely ideas for my 4-patches. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa said...

All great quilts - I just love scrappy quilts.

Michelle said...

Wow...it is amazing what can result from "scraps." Your quilts are beautiful!

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

How wonderfully inspiring! I am using 2" square scraps right now too and have lots left. Thanks!