Monday, February 7, 2011

Susie's Quilt Top Update and More Hearts & Gizzards





To the left is Susanna's quilt top before borders (she hasn't added those yet.  She did a fantastic job of arranging the colors.  There are many fabrics in this, and some stand out more than others, but see how pleasing this is to the eye? 




To the right is a close-up of the center of the top.  She trimmed all the blocks to a uniform size before sewing them to each other.  That took about 90 minutes, but see how well it all went together!  Nice, flat quilt top. 

I added a couple more blocks to my Hearts and Gizzards top.  I like the way it's turning out.  I am not big into "naming" my quilts, but I did name this one.  Hearts & Gizzards just doesn't do anything for me.  I still wonder how it came to be called that?

See where the 8 half hearts join into what looks like 4 hearts where the 4 blocks intersect?  That reminds me of myself.  I have 8 children, and it seems like my heart is in 8 different places at once.  So I'm going to call the quilt, "This Mother's Heart".  Obviously, this one is going to live right here at my house!

~Joan

No comments: