Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pineapple Blossom Workshop

Here is my chain-pieced pile falling off my lap onto the floor at the workshop.


Here is my stack chain-pieced behind my sewing machine.  Progress!!

Here is Bonnie in the middle with me and Susanna.  Bonnie said she likes pictures where people look like they are having a great time.  Do WE look like we were having a great time??
The day before we left, I saw our sewing machine foot on the ironing board.  I was thinking, "that is going to get lost".  So I put it in a safe place.  Of course, I could not remember where that place was, so we had to use the walking foot on the machine.  I used that one since it would be more difficult that using my Janome.  So my progress was slow.  Susanna got 18 blocks completed.  I was working on 30.  I got all but the last cream triangle sewn on.

We had a fantastic time.  Bonnie is the best.  I am her greatest fan.  Bought her newest book after seeing the quilts in person.

What a quilting inspiration!

~Joan

3 comments:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

It was so great to have you come all this way to spend the evening and day with us! You are fun to be around and easy to talk to and I feel like I've known you forever!!

Thanks for being an NC neighbor!
Bonnie

Leeanne said...

Lucky you, maybe Bonnie will come to New Zealand!!!!
So did you find where you put your foot?

Ruth said...

I would LOVE to go to one of Bonnie's workshops! She truly is an inspiration! I did one of her mystery quilts - a year ago for Christmas. And I would love to do some of her other quilts. You are probably just as productive as she is - you keep cranking them out and they are fantastic!