Monday, May 9, 2011

Retreat Progress


I went along with my husband on a business meeting to Tampa, FL last week, Tuesday thru Friday.  I took along some Hearts & Gizzards (This Mother's Heart) blocks to hand applique while I wiled away the hours not doing laundry, not cooking, and not doing math lessons.  I didn't realize I'd be spending my time sniffing, sneezing, coughing, and feeling like a cheese grater had been passed over my throat repeatedly. 

But I digress...I finished 18 more of these blocks, bringing me over halfway to my goal of 81 blocks.  I need to add some more colors, and that's why I laid out the blocks although they are not all finished.  I can see what I have an overload of and what is yet needed.  I have several that did not make it to the wall...46 finished in all.

In other breaking news, Pepper had a vet appointment today.  Her weight has increased 50% in 3 weeks...at least I didn't just THINK she was getting bigger.  Susie forgot to ask the vet if that meant she was nearly finished growing or just on a roll.  As with all else, time will tell.

Sorry...no new pics of pup.

~Joan

2 comments:

Ruth said...

That is going to be a lovely quilt! How big are the blocks? And how big are you going to make it? BTW, thanks for your sweet comment on my quilting.

Mitt lille rosa syrom said...

It is beautiful - well done!