Wednesday, June 29, 2011

{742} Quilting in Ohio

You've heard of ducks in a row...well these are my geese in a row.  Thirty for each top and bottom, 39 for each side.  In a bit I will mix them up and sew them into strips so I can attach them to my crumb quilt top when I get home.


Susanna took these pictures for me and of me.  I absolutely despise having my picture taken...  I hand quilted the whole way up here.  My son Ben just got his permit a week ago, and he got lots of practice on our way.


On the drive up I quilted around the 4 hearts so I would not have to mark anything.  So this AM I marked and quilted where the four blank corners of the blocks meet.  I sat outside for a couple hours and hand quilted.  Beautiful.

~Joan

2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Sure hope it's cooler where you are! Have fun playing with color.

Ruth said...

That's great! I love flying geese, but have never used them a lot except as part of a block like sawtooth star. I am getting more comfortable making them, so maybe one of these days I will do a border.