Wednesday, September 21, 2011

{Post #808} Bread on Broadway

My wheat bread is in the oven rising.  Doesn't it look like it's "famous" with the lights in the back?  It doesn't?  How embarrassing!


The following is an experiment...using a tablespoon of soy flour to replace an egg in a bread recipe.  The bread is not baked yet, but it is looking like it will be a success.  I just left here for a minute to put the 4 loaves in the oven, so I'll have an after picture soon.

This is one of our adapted recipes to accommodate our vegan lifestyle.  Several of my bread recipes call for an egg.  In the past I read one could successfully sub a T of soy flour and a T of water in baked goods like cookies, pancakes, etc.  I hope it works in breads, too.  This is actually a new-to-me recipe.  We had rice for lunch and had some left over.  This has 1-1/4 cups cooked rice in it.  I will be interested to see what it bakes up like and how it tastes.


It has been raining so hard for so long today that I have been worried it would flood again.  The creek behind our house was roaring and LOUD.  The opposite bank was only showing about 3 inches a short while ago.  The creek normally is several feet on the other side of the bushes that you see sticking out of what appears to be the middle of the creek.  I admit I was getting slightly worried.  It is hard to tell in the pic, but the level was nearly to our back gate.

I am going to go sew some Churn Dash blocks together that I pieced the units for this AM...just until it's time to take the bread out of the oven!

~Joan

PS:  something I noticed from the new diet is that my skin is so soft and supple on my face.  I have rosacea, and there have been many times (like 99% of the time) where it is scaly, flaky, and rough.

No comments: