Tuesday, October 4, 2011

{Post #824} Little Log Cabins

I took a picture of my little log cabin blocks before I took them down to use my design wall for a secret project.  If you read my secret projects blog, check over there in a few.  I am about to post my progress on a Christmas-gift quilt.

Only need a few more blocks (22) to complete this 8 x 8 setting.  Here it is so far.


Also threw a border on this ancient UFO.  It was going to be a 9-block quilt, but I cut the tan wool for the background incorrectly, so I was discouraged and threw the whole thing away except for this block.  There is a little embroidery (hand blanket stitch around the shapes, and crewel for the other details) and tiny buttons of different shapes and colors.  It has sat for years, but I decided to finish it and make a small wall hanging out of it.


I have never quilted through wool, but I am going to do a simple crosshatching pattern.

~Joan

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Awwww,,,that is a cute block.

Me and My Stitches said...

Love your log cabin - of course...my favorite block and setting, what's not to love?! Cute little block too!