Thursday, October 20, 2011

{Post #835} I Spy for Sale






I recently (I think it was yesterday) sent my friend, Sam, an envelope of I Spy prints.  I love pawing thru my I Spy stash.  I had just finished the zigzag layout for a surprise quilt and wanted to make an I Spy using that pattern.  Here is the result.

I am listing this on eBay in a few.  These are fantastic for quiet play at home, at grandma's, in the car.  I always used one with the older children while I was nursing the baby.  That way they were close enough to keep an eye on and I could bond with them.

How do you play with this quilt?  Easy peasy...one person finds something and says "I spy an orange" or "I spy the Cat in the Hat" and the other person finds it.

~Joan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun quilt! I think I may have an I-spy bug jar quilt in my future. Blessings to you!

Leeanne said...

Lovely Joan, I did the same thing with my Crumb quilt, the back was made of orphaned blocks and a story that tells you to look for...'the scissors, the cat etc....'