Wednesday, November 9, 2011

{Post #845} More Quilt Show Pics

I have not done a lot of sewing this week.  My dear husband and two of my girls are gone to Wisconsin to check out a college.  I am preparing some gifts for this weekend that involve precise painting.  I aim to make my December "Count On It" quilt soon.  I did get background fabric and buttons for "baby Jesus" yesterday.  To give you something to look at, here are some more quilts from the Asheville quilt show.

This first one was paper pieced diamonds.  I have done some paper piecing.  Not a big fan (one word:  waste!).



Not one I'd have in my home, but cool techniques...


Wonky logs, houses and angels...cute!


Neat playing around with circle template...


My husband's stepfather made ceramic beads.  This quilt has beads made from strips of fabric on each little rectangle block.  A bonus?  A plethora of various textures of ribbon/stuff hanging from the right side.  Had an African feel to it.


~Joan

2 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Thanks for the quilt show! I love the first one - I have a pattern for that - but it's really small. This makes me want to get it made!

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love paper piecing, but also don't like wasting fabric. I learned a technique from Nancy on tv, of Nancy's Notions, and it results in very little waste. Not sure if she has it posted on her website or not, but you might want to look it up. Wish I could see the quilt with the fabric beads up close - sounds very interesting/