Friday, January 6, 2012

{Post #873} Braided Bread and Project for Today (and Possibly Tomorrow)

OK--so upon further inspection (coming to you via pictures in a minute), this is a bigger job than I had thought.  I am going to paint the inside of the cabinet white (which I did on my upper cabinets and what a world of difference it made).  The first picture looks innocent enough, eh?  I did wipe the doors off AFTER taking the picture when I noticed the stuck-on food and drips.


This next picture is not for the faint-hearted, newly-married, or new homeowner.  Brace yourself.  This is the result of ten people jamming things into a large space.  It's not pretty.  Ready??


Yes...hideous.  I will need to check to see what paints I have available.  This past summer I completely repainted the face of the upper cabinets.  I did not start out intending to.  I used a 1" wide brush to touch up a few areas, and before I knew it, I had painted all the face with said 1" brush.  I can see from the above picture that I need to touch up the cabinet face after I paint the inside walls a nice bright white.  Then I'll put in the floor tiles and replace what will go back in there.  I'm nearly out of dishwasher detergent, so I'll have to mix up another batch of that as well.  'Twould be a shame to actually run out and have to face dishwasher detergent crisis.

Here IS something pretty.  I goofed a couple times, but I finally mastered the 6-strand bread braid.  Doesn't that look wonderful?  It's rising in the oven now, so I'll just stir my baking granola again and head down to see what supplies I need for this little project.



Off again!  BTW, I'm piddling around doing these little things mainly because I already cleaned up the kitchen, have the dishwasher going, mixed bread dough (and braided it!), and have granola baking.  The granola takes at least 90 minutes, sometimes more, so I am here for the long haul.

~Joan

No comments: