Thursday, January 19, 2012

{Post #882} Surprise for Elisabeth!

There are so many projects floating around inside my head.  I'm glad this one finally came to completion.  I had trouble finding the "E", but I persisted.  I wanted to make my dear Elisabeth a little something for her room that was really "her".  Here it is.  Maybe it will let you know what she's like:




The picture was taken outside against our house wall.  Imagine it against a lovely lavender wall (that's the color of her room).  She was so happy with it!  Me, too.  


It's about 20" across.  I was stumped about how to paint the polka dots on, but then I remembered a trick I learned in a tole painting class.  All is well!


Love you, Lizzy!!


~Mom

4 comments:

Leeanne said...

Beautiful! Your children are so blessed to have a mother that loves them.

Anonymous said...

It is so gorgeous! I have stopped back to look at this several times!

Me and My Stitches said...

Glad she liked it! You knew she would...it's lovely.

Elisabeth Parker said...

I love it :) Thanks, Mom! :)