Thursday, February 9, 2012

{Post #904} Life After Thimbleberries


I was just thinking that I haven't been this tired in a long time.  Then I simultaneously realized that this is my third post today.  A connection?  Nah!


When I went through my watercolor fabrics earlier, I was wondering what I could make to use some of them.  You know I NEED to start a new project!  I didn't want to make an actual watercolor quilt.  So I started auditioning some of them in other quilts.  You know I'm a die-hard Thimbleberries girl, so this did not come easily.


Eventually I went with Bonnie Hunter's Florabunda pattern.  It's just a Jacob's Ladder with florals.  I am not a big fan of yellow, so I am using light florals for my "yellow".  I have sewn 8 blocks this afternoon.  Here is a sample:




And four together:




Have a good night!  Found out my new frame will be here tomorrow!


~Joan

No comments: