Monday, February 13, 2012

{Post #909} New Project and Heart Garland


My favorite 17-year-old asked me if I wanted to watch a movie and hang out in the sewing room tonight.  Music to my ears.  She made this beautiful garland out of poster board...




I started making these.  I tried to resist, but I made some for my BFF, Julie.  Now I'm hooked.  They take next to no time to cut and sew (really!).  I'll have a queen-sized quilt out of these babies in no time!  {right}




Each bow tie block is 3-1/2" unfinished.  I decided to go ahead and put 4 scrappy blocks together like this as I make them.  This block measures 6-1/2" square.  I am going all rogue and mixing Thimbleberries and non-T'b again.


Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow.


~Joan

1 comment:

Me and My Stitches said...

LOVE the heart garland! And...glad you caved and decided to jump on the bow tie band wagon! Aren't they fun?