Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{Post #921} New Recipe in Oven


Trying a new recipe tonight...Accordion Potatoes.  Got it through Pinterest.  I am not a Pinterest addict, but I have found lots of good ideas on there.


Here is the before-going-in-the-oven picture.  They still have 30 minutes to bake, so I'll try to remember to take an after picture.  I bought an inexpensive mandoline for slicing years ago.  I love using it.  Makes perfectly even slices for so many things.  That's how I got the potatoes so even.  Then I picked up slices from various piles of potato to make sure they weren't the exact same size as their neighbor.  Hope the family likes them.  I personally LOVE potatoes.




You just stack the potates around the edge and then the middle, brush with a mix of butter and olive oil, then sprinkle with salt.  One can add herbs, but we're trying them like this first. I will also have some sauteed cabbage and carrots.  Mmm-mmm.


~Joan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The crispy ones are so yummy!!! They kind of taste like (If they're crispy) wet potato chips. But it doesn't taste like watered down potato chips. It's awesome!!! I want it for my birthday!

~Isaac

Steve 'n Emily said...

Must have been a winner!

(Why do they always make the words you have to type to 'prove you are not a robot' so goofy ONLY a robot would recognize them as letters?...)

Gypsy Quilter said...

Sounds yummy, will have to try this one. Thanks for sharing.