Friday, March 30, 2012

{Post #945} Scrappy Trip Piecing


I did some more machine quilting on my Florabunda.  The design is very small and it is slow going.  It will be worth it in the end, so I'm not complaining, just updating!


Somewhere I saw a pic of dear Bonnie Hunter with two scrappy trip quilts.  I just looked for it and cannot find it.  Some help with that?  One was a baby size made with 2" strips and the other was much larger, made with 2-1/2" strips.  I am in the process of making one from 2" strips.  It's a hodge podge of everything...plaids, florals, and the every-present Thimbleberries.  As with every other scrappy quilt though, it all goes when there's enough variety. 


I am going to have it set 4 x 4 blocks.  That will make it 36" square.  I might add a border and call it done for a baby quilt.



~Joan


No comments: