Friday, April 6, 2012

{Post #951} Feels Like Fall Blocks Finished


Leader/enders are amazing.  Yesterday I realized after a quick count that I only needed a few tiny geese to have all of those finished.  I had them safety-pinned in groups of 10, so it was easy to count them.  I needed 300 total.  That number seemed so gigantic when I was contemplating making this quilt, but, what in the world??  All my blocks are finished.


This AM I drew a template for the leaf and cut them out of 5 different scrap greens.  When I saved the pattern in a page protector, I forgot to get the leaf template off the pattern sheet.  But this works :)


I decided to use the raw-edge applique method like I did on my Bull's Eye quilt.  Perfect!!  This will gain so much personality with the quilting of the pumpkin segments, vines, and leaf veins.  But I'm likin' it a lot NOW!!  Here are the 30 blocks laid out.  Each block finishes at 10".




Doesn't that make your pumpkin-y heart go all a-pitter-patter??  Here is a close-up of one leaf...




After washing and drying, it will be all soft and fluttery-edged.    I.  love.  to.  quilt.


Bet ya never would've guessed!


~Joan

3 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

You are super woman! I love it, and I'm having heart palpitations over the fabric of the pumpkin in the close-up pic. Did that come in a black with a tan print? I believe I have a tiny piece (about 3") that I am coveting...but I had no idea where to get more!

Ruth said...

I love the pumpkin quilt! Is it from an issue of American Patchwork & Quilting? It would be a fun quilt to have and with the exception of 300 flying geese, would be a fun quilt to make!

Christina said...

I love this pumpkin quilt - so creative!!