Wednesday, July 11, 2012

{Post 1,006} Last Post for a While

I will be out of town for the next few days, so I won't be posting.  ANOTHER new project started today.  I saw a lovely Le Moyne star project someone else was working on.  I didn't want one quite so small (her stars finished at 3"), so I dug out an older quilt book and made this one tonight:




Yes--it is hand pieced.  This will be my in-the-car project for, well, a really long time!  


I just eyeballed the seams (as opposed to marking them).  The block came out the perfect size--5-1/8" square.  Each star will be with a cream background, pinks and browns.  I don't have a layout in mind, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to make a hundred stars or so before I decide!


~Joan

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Looks like a good long term project! I have Jo Morton's book with hand piecing instructions, but have never made one. Have a nice trip!