Friday, July 20, 2012

{Post 1,016} Mostly Finished Twister Quilt

My Twister quilt is nearly finished.  I took Ruth's recommendation and tried some caramel-colored Connecting Thread quilting thread...I love it!!  


Looks like I'll be in the car at least 9 hours each on the next two days, so I wanted to get the binding sewn to the front of this so I can hand sew it while I'm riding.  


I started quilting question marks joined in groups of 4 on this, then finished the outer border with invisible thread.  Now to pack for our trip and get my sewing supplies together.  I will finish quilting the center after we get home.


This is 29-1/2" square.  The first few curlicues:













2 comments:

Leeanne said...

beauty! looks like Kansas Troubles Charm pack?

Ruth said...

I love the way you quilted it - it is really cute!