Thursday, August 16, 2012

{Post 1,038} Sew Unproductive


So, I was bemoaning the fact that I haven't gotten much sewn this summer.  School will start soon.  We home school, so I'm cancelling all parent/teacher conferences for sake of time.  My sewing time will be extremely limited.  I am feeling the loss of sewing time already.

I perused my own blog to see what I've accomplished since July 1.  I don't want to take the time to link everything.  If you want to see a picture, type the key word in the search box on the top left.

Pieced large throw - Apple Pie top (sold).

Quilted and bound full-size Scrappy Bargello (kept).

Quilted and bound baby quilt (to gift).

Started up an Etsy store and listed lots of yardage, I Spy sets, quilt tops, etc.

Pieced twin-sized Northern Comfort top (destination undetermined).

Pieced and quilted fall leaf runner (for Emily).

Started hand quilting Grandmother's Flower Garden wall hanging (about half finished--to keep).

Hand pieced two LeMoyne star blocks.

Pieced, repaired, quilted, and bound queen-sized Christmas quilt (to keep).

Pieces and quilted Twister wall hanging (28" square - kept).

DECLUTTERED AND REORGANIZED SEWING ROOM...deserves to be in all caps.

Pieces Squares Surrounded (queen-size...destination unknown).

Pieced, quilted, and bound top-secret large throw (destination classified).

Quilted and bound Fair & Square (destination unknown).

Assisted neighbor girl in starting I Spy for unborn nephew.

Assisted friend making Twister table runner.

Pieced, quilted, and bound floral string quilt (to be gifted soon).

Pieced Ryan's quilt (needs two more braided borders then outer one-fabric border...obviously going to Ryan).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yep--I've just been sittin' around, doin' nothin'.

~Joan




1 comment:

Ruth said...

Looks like you got a lot accomplished! How many kids are you still home schooling? That is very admirable and I am all for it. When our kids were still in school, a lot of people were starting it and I thought about it. But I really had to work and I don't think I could have managed it - even if I didn't work. That was over 20 years ago.