Tuesday, September 4, 2012

{Post 1,049} Fifteen Tree of Life Blocks


My evening was quite surprising.  Susie had asked me earlier this AM if I wanted to spend an evening sewing and watching one of our favorite movies.  Of course I said YES!!  She was working on a skirt for work.  I think she made great progress.

Because I wanted to leave the cutting table clear for her to use, and using my HandiQuilter would have made conversation and movie-listening-to difficult, I decided to add a few units to my Tree of Life blocks.  To my surprise, I added EIGHT of them to my stack of finished blocks.


I am making my quilt a little larger than the original in Bonnie's book, so I have 10 more blocks to go.  Very doable. I am at that place where I need to add in a few more colors.  I don't have many greens, so I cut a few strips of those tonight.  

There are several browns for the trunks, greens for the tree bases, and sets of creams for the other triangles.  Sort of scrappy, yet controlled somewhat.

Stay tuned!

~Joan


2 comments:

Janet O. said...

I like your "controlled scrappy" look.

Leeanne said...

Sounds like you will have a fun night.
I like your tree of life quilt....that's another on my TODOLIST!