Monday, October 15, 2012

{Post 1,070} Spiderweb String Selvage Blocks


It's been over a week since I posted!  So much has been happening.

Quiltwise, I started a new project.  It's a spiderweb block made from selvages and is a string project.  Natasha--see any of your fabrics???  I do!

Here is a close-up of a finished "web" with the blocks just stuck to the wall, not sewn together yet:



I am going for a diagonal rainbow color look...red, orange, yellow, green blue, violet, then reverse back out to a red in the bottom corner.

Here's what I have pieced so far.  The selvage strips really multiply and go much farther than one thinks:


More updates later as time permits.

~Joan



3 comments:

Kristie said...

My goodness that is beautiful! Love it!

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Janet O. said...

What a fun look! I am not patient enough to piece selvages, but this looks really cool!

Frog Quilter said...

Love your star colors. Gorgeous!!!