Thursday, October 18, 2012

{Post 1,073} New Purse


If you knew me well, you would find out that I use things I like until there is just no life left in them.  My "purse" is one example.  What I was using as a purse was a glorified tote bag.  I have already recovered the handles twice.  They just wore through again.  It was much taller than I needed.  The pictures started flaking off, too.




So I went through the patterns I've taken from magazines and put into page protectors.  I came across this pattern.  It is a little too color-specific, but I'm going to carry it for a while to see if I like the pockets and size.




The best part is that I made it for free, using materials I already had on hand.  I think I'll make a brown one in the future if this one works out well.  

~Joan







3 comments:

Ruth said...

We must be on the same wave length! I have been using the same "summer" purse for at least three years and it is one I made. I never really liked everything about it and have patched the bottom corners with pieces of fabric as the corners were worn through. I have a "winter" purse that I made about 5-6 years ago, but when I made it I didn't have the right interfacing/iron on batting, so I just used what I had and it wasn't very stiff. I have thought about taking it apart and putting in some iron on batting, but that seems like too much work. I have a purse pattern that I won a couple years ago and it looks really nice, with inside pockets, etc. I'm seriously thinking about making that one even though it looks complicated. I probably have enough fabric on hand for it - I'm even considering making a hexagon pieced outside for it. I'm afraid it will be a while before I get a new purse.

Janet O. said...

Ohh, it is very pretty. I love the colors--but you are right, it isn't very generic.

Michelle said...

Great minds think alike! I see you added topstitching around the top of the bag too. :) Great job!