Thursday, November 1, 2012

{Post 1,085} Light Fixture Painted


The brass towel rings are next!  Bwahaha...I feel like a villain with a can of spray paint.  It's empowering.  Here's a pic of the newly-painted light fixture:



When the lights are ON, it's so bright that the fixture looks lighter than it really is.  It looks better and darker in person.  The finish perfectly matches the mirrored cabinet frames.  

Here is light off:



One good thing about taking it down was seeing how it was put up.  it just has one hole in the center for wiring.  The downside is that when I went to Lowe's yesterday for ceiling paint, I looked at light fixtures.  I think the one I liked was $90...and we need two!  I also looked at ORB towel racks.  Not for $22 each, thank you very much.  I'll just spray paint our rings and see how that goes first.

The quilt isn't necessarily staying.  I just didn't want to put the lightning bolt back up there ;)

~Joan

3 comments:

Kath said...

Oh I loved the little quilt!

momtofatdogs said...

Do you have a Habitat for Humanity Re-Staore in your area? I have several within a very short distance & ALL of them have lighting fixtures. Fairly inexpensive too, I might add!

Sam

Christina said...

I second the previous commenter - check out yard sales, Goodwill, and the Restore for cheap light fixtures - I am talking $5 cheap :)

LOVE oil rubbed bronze! :)