Sunday, April 14, 2013

{Post 1,163} Wild Geese Webbed!


I decided against the cream cornerstones.  They stood out a bit too much, so back into the drawer they went.  In the next drawer up, I found a stack of golds.  I used them and webbed the top.  All the sewing is finished in one direction. I only sewed the top two horizontal rows together before I hit the wall, and here is what I have so far...



I like the somber color of the sashing...I think it makes the individual blocks sparkle.  But that's just my opinion!

After the rest of the horizontal seams are sewn, the quilt center will measure 52" x 62".  A good size for a throw.

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, Joan, I'm glad you changed cornerstone colors. I thought the cream grabbed attention from those gorgeous blocks, but you said it was one of your favorite fabrics, so I didn't dare say anything. The gold ones are perfect. Aren't you pleased with this quilt? I think it is beautiful!

Kath said...

I don't think one appreciates the work that goes into the flying geese, until they're all placed together and you think, wow, every section of every block represents a chunk of time.
I am in awe!

regan said...

This is so fantastic! I love that softer color for the cornerstones! Well done!