Sunday, July 14, 2013

{Post 1,198} Trip Project

We left for Ohio Thursday AM and got back tonight.

Here are the first 5 blocks of my half hexagon project.  The bottom right one is not sewn to the rest.  This is about 7-1/2" x 10-1/2".  I like the way it's turning out.  I don't have a plan for it, as usual with my quilts.



I surprised my sister with her Charming Stars quilt, but I forgot to get a picture.  I was deeply burdened about something the day before we left for the trip, and it overshadowed most of my thoughts for the past few days.  It's a wonder I didn't forget more things!



My sister's oldest daughter's graduation was the reason for our trip.  I spent most of Friday afternoon and evening making many chocolate-covered pretzels and 3 batches of strawberry-pretzel salad.  Mmm-mmm.  Saturday AM I baked two Texas Sheet Cakes and decorated one.  A woman at the Kingsville, OH Wal-mart bakery saved the day by scrounging up one last graduation cap with which I could decorate the top.  The picture is not great, but there are white, lime green, and hot pink sprinkles under the cap (those were the colors she requested).  



I also finished a whole Grandmother's Flower Garden block on the way back today.  My dear husband drove all but the last hour, bless his heart ;)

Picture of that tomorrow.


3 comments:

Teresa said...

I like the look of your hexies. I do look forward to seeing what you do with these.

Janet O. said...

Nice work all around, Joan. I especially like the stars quilt.

Kath said...

you have been productive Joan. Hope whatever was bothering you is behind you now. I know what you mean, times like that it seems that's all you can think about.
I must say a piece of that cake would go down very well with my cup of tea right now :-D