Wednesday, July 24, 2013

{Post 1,217} Little Bits of Progress

I'm trying to keep my chin up, but I feel horrible...my throat is so sore.  Just took Benadryl, so I'll be leaving soon......

I did a little sewing here and there through the day.  I also slept like a rock for a while.

Here is my half hexagon quilt.  My husband as quilt holder.  Six hexagons strong:


I also finished hand sewing the binding on my Pumpkin Patch.  We have friends coming to visit in about a month, and I think I'll give it to the wife, who is a very good friend of mine.


THIS is what 400" of binding looks like.  Pictures don't show scale, do they?  Well, this will have to be ironed out then ironed in half tomorrow.  I'm done for today.


Some of you have asked about this two-fabric binding technique.  I used it on this mini.  For my large (queen-sized) quilt, I added 1/4" to the accent fabric, cutting them in 2" strips.  I cut the black in 1-1/2" strips.  Directions for the binding are here.  I used invisible thread for the topstitching on my mini.  



1 comment:

Kath said...

poor you, hope you are feeling better soon!