Friday, August 16, 2013

{Post 1,238} Lady in Waiting

Yesterday I was out and unexpectedly had 2-1/2 hours on my hands.  There was a mix-up as to when I needed to pick up some folks at the airport, and I ended up realizing there had been a mistake after waiting an hour at the airport.  The time sort of flew because I was reading an interesting book on my Kindle.  Going home would have been a huge waste of time.  What's a girl to do?

Fortunately, I still had my "lady-in-waiting" bag in my purse from my recent FL trip.  This phrase is one I got from my friend, Janet, at the Rogue Quilter blog.  I was able to make 2 whole more hexagons and attach them to the mother ship.  

First picture shows a PIECED center hexagon (I didn't have one fabric big enough, but I couldn't let that little detail stop me from making progress).  Second picture is the progress so far on this project.  I have a bobbin in the top left hexagon to show scale.





4 comments:

Kath said...

hey, smart girl!

Ruth said...

Wow! Two EPP projects going at the same time! Is this one going to be a large quilt also? I love it!

Janet O. said...

I am loving this in plaids!
BTW, I got the phrase from the woman who taught me to piece hexies about 16 years ago. : )

Leeanne said...

Great use of your time!