Friday, August 23, 2013

{Post 1,241} It's My Birthday!

Today's my birthday!  I woke up to a love note on my bathroom mirror from my hubby.  That made it special.

Then he brings me a diet Dr. Pepper on ice.  That made it special.

Then he brings me my own package of Pecan Sandies.  That made it special.

Then Rachel yells at me from down the hall to come get the door (I am thinking, "Get it yourself--you're right there!").    But I go.  It's a man from a local florist shop with these...that made it special.



Daisies are my favorite flowers.  The card says "Happy Birthday.  I love you.  Wes.  Yours for life."  That made it special.

Then I go down to do an exercise DVD (thankful I have the health to do that).  On my sewing machine table (I exercise in my studio) are a canister of multigrain cheddar Pringles and a bag of garlic bagel chips.  Kinda counterproductive to the whole exercise thing, but I had the will power to wait to open them.  I did cast a lot of glances their way.  They remain unopened.  That made it special.

Then my husband suggests I take our youngest two kids out for lunch.  That made it special. 

Don't know how much more I can take, but I'm up to the challenge!!

He told me I am being sequestered to my studio at 4:30 until he comes to get me.  THAT I can handle.  I told him whatever it was, to take his time!!

I got phone calls from my second and third daughters.  Some of the things I talked about with each of them brought tears to my eyes.  They are both such sweet, accomplished girls.  They are grateful for things they learned growing up here.  That was so good to hear.

Update tomorrow!






8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sounds like those who love you are making it a very special day! I love it! Can't wait to see what came after the sequestration!! : )
Happy Birthday!

julieQ said...

Happy Birthday!! Mine is the 19th. WE are so close, sista!

Leeanne said...

Sounds like a magical start to your birthday, have a great one!

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds to me like Wes is a keeper!

Kath said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like a perfect day! Many happy returns Joan!

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday! It's so nice when the family remembers and makes it special!

Me and My Stitches said...

What a wonderful day! Happy Birthday!

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday!!!! So glad it was special! I really enjoyed reading of all the surprises. :0)