Saturday, September 21, 2013

{Post 1,258} New Sets of Tote Bags and Zip Pouches

The past few days (sewing-wise) have been varied.  I have an acquaintance that is a missionary in Africa.  She will be at my church this week.  She saw a tote bag on Facebook that I made for a friend's daughter who is in college and commented that she would like to find one to buy like that.  So I made her one as a surprise.  She won't get it until Wednesday, but I seriously doubt she reads my blog.  

Here is the college girl bag (I made her a zip pouch to give her tomorrow...needed a hot pink zipper):



When I bought the fabrics for missionary bag, I ran into a friend at the store and showed her what I got.  I put this picture on Facebook so she could see the finished product and the missionary friend commented "love, Love, LOVE".  Hee hee...I felt so sneaky!

I put fringe on this one, and it shows up much better on the zip pouch picture.



These are lined with the green fabric.  I used up every scrap of the black with polka dots and have very little of the green left over.  These bags are so sturdy!  

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Lovely! I'm sure she will be very excited to get the bags!

Michelle said...

Very cute! I'm sure your friend will be surprised and thrilled! :)