Sunday, July 27, 2014

{Post 1,385} One of My Weekend Projects


This is one little spray-paint project I wanted to finish this weekend.  The back piece and "P" are laser-cut wood I bought at Michael's.  Tip of the day:  NEVER to go Hobby Lobby or Michael's w/o a 40% off coupon.  The wooden pieces ended up costing <$2 total.  

This measures about 7-1/2" wide by 11-1/2" tall.  It may very well be my next wedding shower gift.  Fast, easy, cheap.  Brides love monogrammed gifts.

What appears to the inside is actually hot-glued to the flat piece of "background" wood.  I just took a piece of tablet cardboard and hot-glued on a piece of burlap, overlapping it to glue on the back.  Then I glued it to the front of the wood after I spray-painted it black.

I have a couple more posts coming with other weekend projects.

No comments: