Monday, July 21, 2014

{Post 1,380} GFG Progress


You might be thinking, "What progress?"  Here is my last picture of how this was coming along.  Besides what is pictured, I have 3-1/2 more finished blocks.  

On the above picture, the only blocks sewn to each other are the 4-1/2 in the bottom left part of the picture and the red and green ones to their right.  

This past Saturday, my husband surprised us all by rounding us up and taking us to the Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge, TN.  I got to hand sew for about 5 hours on that trip.  I finished adding cream hexagons to 2 blocks and basted some green diamonds.  

Tonight I sewed the purple and yellow block to what I am thinking of as the mother ship.  I am going to try to work on this a little more often.

I also bought 3 pieces for it last week when I drove Isaac home from Tennessee.  Stopped at a cute little quilt shop that I heard about at a guild meeting I attended Monday.  No picture, but I also bought a charm pack to make someone a Twister ruler table runner for Christmas.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Cant beat hexy's, I love them!