Tuesday, August 26, 2014

{Post 1,408} New Plan for Chain

I have a new plan for my Carolina Chain I Spy quilt.  I'm going to make it 40" x 60" for an undetermined-as-yet toddler.  I have these 45 blocks so far.  Looks like I'll need quite a few more.  Fifty-nine more, to be exact.




When I stopped in a new-to-me fabric shop recently, I was given a flyer for a "sew-in" at a local library for September 13 from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM.  I can hardly wait.  I am going to sew the rest of these blocks plus use HST as my leader/enders for this quilt.  I have lots of cutting to do to prepare.

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sounds like a fun event. Wish someone would do one around here. : )

Michelle said...

I love blocks that make a secondary design...it's fun seeing this one come together!

momtofatdogs said...

Whoo-Hoo!!! Sounds a lot like the guild sewing day!

Sam
PS - keep us posted on how it goes. You're welcome anytime to come back to ours, but the commutes a little long...