Tuesday, September 16, 2014

{Post 1,420} Pinterest Success and Flop

Made two things from my Pinterest boards today.  A new banana bread recipe and a two-compartment zippered padded storage case.  The bread was a flop and has been removed from my Pinterest board.


Here are pictures of my double-zipper carrying case.  I think this would be good for electronics that need a little TLC when in the suitcase.  If I made another one, I'd make the lining shorter.  As it is, it has to be jammed into the outer shell.  One of the challenges is that all the measurements were metric.  I should have made the lining about an inch shorter than I did (or 2.54 cm if I was being metrically correct!).

I used selvages sewn onto a piece of very thin fabric for my outer "fabric".  Two blue zippers pulled out enough of the blues in the selvages.  


Guess who, Who, WHO is on the inside?  I have so much fabric around that I try to use up bits and pieces when I can.  Had a little Tigger in my stash, so in here he went.

Fusible batting gives the lining its shape and safety feature.  The case measures about 3" tall, 2" wide, and 6" long.  





3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Will make you smile every time you open it! : )

Diane said...

That is super cute! Sorry about the bread. Maybe the birds will eat it?

Ruth said...

So cute! There are so many uses for pouches like this. We also use one for our camera to computer connection wire stuff.