Sunday, October 12, 2014

{Post 1,441} Itty Bitty Pinwheels Quilt Reveal


I finished this today.  I'll tell you, I really like it, but I don't want to make another one.  I am selling my pattern and template (which, BTW, I bought from Jo Morton on an electronic yard sale).  They are made by Primitive Gatherings.  This is called the Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheels.  It says "10" square" on the cover.  Mine measures nearly 12" square, although I followed the package directions.



From the back "Finally an easy miniature quilt!  Follow our easy step by step directions to make this little quilt!  It's as simple as sewing squares together, cutting them apart and then sewing them back together again!  Use your scraps or 2-1/2" precut squares and start sewing today!"

If you are interested in buying this, it will be $10 plus whatever first-class shipping is to your place.  First-come, first-serve.  If I don't get a taker in a couple days, I will put it in my Etsy shop.

As you can see, I did not follow the color layout of the pattern.  I just used lots of Thimbleberries scraps that I had.  I would suggest using one of the small rotary cutters (with a blade about as big as a nickel) so you don't cut into the next square.

This is adorable!




3 comments:

Ruth said...

It is really cute and I have seen many other ones made up that are cute too. I will pass on the offer. Hope someone buys it!

Susan said...

I love how yours turned out Joan! I am actually glad to hear that it finishes a bit bigger as I would like to display mine on my table stand as well. I too will change out the colors as I don't care for the ones shown in the pattern. Fall colors maybe?

Michelle said...

Very cute! I know they are a lot of work!