Monday, October 6, 2014

{Post 1,434} Grandmother's Flower Garden Update


Here is what I have so far on my GFG quilt.  In the picture, it is laid on top of my queen-sized bed.  I took it with me standing at the head of the bed on top of the mattress.

After taking this picture, I decided I'd like it better if it hung down the sides with whole blocks.  I hope that makes sense.  I originally was thinking I'd just make blocks for the top, but then I'd have to decide how to quilt large, open spaces.  I guess cross hatching would look nice.  Well, I don't need to decide right now.

Until I need to make a decision, I'll just keep plugging away on the body of this large piece.  I really, really like it.  Each block is my favorite!



2 comments:

Janet O. said...

It is very pretty and I admire your patience and tenacity. If I had more of those qualities my 17 year old GFG would be finished! : )

Ruth said...

Ditto to what Janet said - only mine is 10 years old and is only a lap top. :-(