Tuesday, May 19, 2015

{Post 1,482} HST Shirt Quilt Center Blocks Finished


The title pretty much says it all.  I have 12 x 14 blocks finished for the HST shirt quilt.  Here they are laid out on my design wall.


Last night I could not sleep at all...so I ended up staying up until 5 AM.  Slept until 10:45 this AM, and I feel fine.  I figured sewing was as good of a past time as any.


My next sewing chore will be webbing them.  I think I'm going to laboriously piece a back like I did for this quilt to use up large chunks of shirts that don't do well in blocks.  They might be an odd color that stands out too much, too soft to piece well, or whatever.  I have a strip of crumb blocks that I'll be putting on there, too.  A lot more piecing.

Of course, the above one needs borders.  I'm thinking of treating it like I did this quilt and use a similar color for an inner then an outer border.  Maybe green this time?

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Kewlllll! I am eager to see the border with this one.

I'm at the border part on my strip and slash. (all the rows are together). 3254 pieces!

We are bonkers!

Susan said...

Absolutely beautiful quilt Joan! I could sit and stare at it for hours with all the different shirts you used in it :o)

Diane said...

This is beautiful! Love the fabrics and the setting is gorgeous.