Saturday, November 28, 2015

{Post 1,504} Thanksgiving Day Happenings



I set up the sideboard for desserts.  Apple pie, pumpkin pie squares, and two kinds of cookies.


Here is our table, ready for people.  I didn't think to take pictures of the most important part of the day--the people.  I was too busy tending to things.  But they came, they ate, they came back for seconds.


One of my home-made candle holders.  Fun memories of going to stranger's yards and asking if I could have some of their leaves.  I had my youngest two children do this.  Ha ha!


We had a family of four from our church with us.  Their two little girls are in our Sunday school class (we teach 2-5 year-olds).  The girls brought me flowers.  How thoughtful!




1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Looks very cozy, Joan. Perfect for a Thanksgiving gathering. Lovely flowers, too.