Wednesday, May 4, 2016

{Post 1,519} Pressing On



This is one of the little girls we kept for nearly a week.  The ones for whom the I Spy quilt in the last post was for.  The ones who had never spent a night away from their parents.  The ones who are 4 and 2.  The ones obsessed just a little with princesses.  Here is the senior one's princess hair.


Here is my tumbler quilt.  I am putting the binding on.  I have started doing every part of the binding sewing by machine.  I don't think I got a picture of the whole quilt.  It has a bazillion tumblers (actually, 13,600, some of which are pieced).


This is the hand quilting on my Mennonite Mosaic quilt.  It would get finished faster if I actually worked on it.


Occasionally, I get an itch to sew something quick and with different fabrics than my usual go-tos.  How many sad stories start with, "When I was at the quilt shop...?"  This one isn't sad.  I bought a mini charm pack (2-1/2" squares) of a line of reds and taupes.  


Here is what I made from them.  It now has a border of one of the reds (with enough of same for binding!)...this is 35" long, I think.


Thus ends my blog post for today.  I hope your day is a blessed one.  Look for the silver lining!





2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The action shot of your hand quilting does look like you are working hard on the quilting! Love the table runner. The reds are so beautiful.

Ruth said...

Your tumbler quilt is going to be amazing! Love the table runner too! It's good you are keeping busy! Hee Hee!