Monday, June 6, 2016

[Post 1,522] More Catching Up



This is one of 4 chairs my FIL gave my daughter for her new house.  The seats were long-gone, and that was one of the challenges.  The other was that the paint on them was really reluctant to let go.

Eventually I had 3 chairs sanded down and stained.  Then I put 2 coats of polyacrylic on.  This step alone took hours.

After a couple experiments, we decided to weave seats (that's me weaving) out of strips of fabric in greens, golds, and browns.  My first one had the largest learning curve, of course.  I was glad to improve on each one.  The 4th chair is at my house now. I painted it black.  It was the one that had the must stubborn paint.

Here is a chair partially stained.


"My" chair, with a pile of fabrics torn and ready to use beside it.


Here is a finished seat.  It is remarkably comfortable to sit on.  The weaving was grueling, and awfully hard on my fingertips.  Back-breaking because of the odd angles I had to be in.  But I did it for love, not money.


Here is one of the quotes painted on the kitchen wall.  From Truett Cathy of Chick-fil-A fame.  


The closing picture is some of the best food on the planet being prepared...strawberry pretzel salad.  Mmm-mmm.


Thus endeth another good week.





No comments: