Friday, May 5, 2017

{Post 1,538} More on Virginia Bound Blocks

I've already shared a couple times that I swapped 15 blocks with Ruth. I don't usually do this, but EVERY time I look at my design wall, this block stood out to me. I often pin a small square of white paper on a stack of blocks to remind me of the count. I kept thinking that was what this was...but it was a very large plaid. I took out the one piece and subbed it with something not so eye-catching. See the difference below? Before...


And after...


I do use a foundation to piece these blocks. The pattern is from Bonnie Hunter's book, Scraps and Shirttails. They go together so quickly.

I was talking to two of my grandchildren on FaceTime last night. Here is Keith asking if I can see his nose! That boy cracks me up.


2 comments:

julieQ said...

More love here!! Gorgeous blocks!!

Ruth said...

I do recognize "my" shirts! Love It!