Thursday, November 30, 2017

{Post 1,561} ...and More Painting

I am detailing all this painting for my mother, who I hope gets to read it all. After the foyer and hall (and all the doors and trim in THERE), we started on my youngest son's room. The walls were in such bad condition that we decided to put new drywall up. We also removed the popcorn ceiling (this means more painting). My husband did such wonderful work on all the trim as well as putting in a new floor and light fixture. That room looks 100% better.

Before:


In progress:


Finished except putting furniture back in!

 


1 comment:

Ruth said...

That's a lot to do for one room! We are visiting our son who just moved to KS and they bought a house with popcorn ceilings and had it all removed - hired someone to do it. The living room ceilings are up to the 2nd floor ceiling level and they have a lovely view from the large windows. Yesterday we decorated the tree with our 2 grandsons (7 & 9 years old). The former owners left their very large tree, so my DIL and I put it up while the men were out with the boys. There was a small box inside the tree box and I opened it and inside was a portion of a hand pieced quilt top that I suppose they used as the tree skirt. It has diamond shaped blocks put together in star designs and the fabric is very old. My DIL doesn't want it, so if the daughter of the former owner doesn't want it, I will get to keep it. Have fun painting!!