Wednesday, January 17, 2018

{Post 1,573} Hand Quilting Under Way

A long time ago in a far-away place, I had happy Tuesday nights at QT...quilting time. I met with 3-4 other ladies every Tuesday night to work on a hand sewing project. Those days were welcome and happy. This was starting back in '92, as in 1992. Seems like a million years ago. 

As I thought back to them, I decided to start QT at my house. But I am calling mine Sit 'N Sew. Tuesday nights from 7-9 at my house. No food is served. Everyone brings their own beverage if they want. Last night was the first meeting. I worked on hand quilting my Valentine quilt. I have worked on it a lot today, and I am nearly finished with the top panel.

I machine quilted meanders in the floral strips with dark red thread. The area is so busy that it won't show much anyway. I machine basted with the same thread (to save time) as I did the rest of the quilting. 


I am outlining all the applique with hand quilting in cream, and also doing a cross-hatch pattern with straight lines 1-1/2" apart. Today has been comfort activities...making comfort food (home made chicken and dumplings in my Instant Pot) and hand quilting. It started snowing last night about 1 AM and did not stop until about an hour ago at 4 PM. Actually, it is still coming down, but much more slowly. So it has been a stay in kinda day.

Here is a picture of the front and back. I picked a fabric I just want to use up for the back. This is a wall hanging, so no one will be the wiser. 



1 comment:

Teresa said...

Pretty ya leg runner and just in time for Valentines. I so enjoy sit and sew with my friends.